Saturday, April 2, 2011

Thankful!

It was one of those Saturdays
where I feel so completely thankful to God for our family and our lives!

Spring is in full effect here!
The weather was gorgeous,
and the Lucas family spent the entire day outside!

We started the day with breakfast in bed! 
Trey and Ambry brought in breakfast on trays
to Luke and I to wake us up this morning!

Then after we ate and got dressed it was time to get busy outdoors!
We cleaned out the basement garage, cleaned up the yards, the woods, and the firepit, moved our raised planter and planted our first tomatoes of 2011, visited with our sweet neighbors, and Luke built a "tree house" for the kiddos! 

I say "tree house" in quotes, because it is really construction scaffolding! 
He set it up way back in our woods behind the house, and Trey, Ambry and I spray painted it brown and green so it would blend in with the trees!
 
The kids had two friends come over today and the sweet foursome played on the "tree house" for hours!  They climbed, they ate their lunch up on the platform, they put on several productions with props and towels, and they enjoyed the novelty of being up among the limbs in our backyard forrest.

I told Luke this will be one of those things
they always remember about their childhood! 
It's things like this that make me love Luke more and more! 
He is such a great daddy!

We ended our wonderful day with supper at Joe Friday's Brickoven Pizza.
I am full... of good food, but also full of love and thankfulness!!!

The scaffolding tree house!
Our neighbors, The Patterson Family.

1 comment:

  1. aw man... I want to come over and play! Y'all were busy bees this weekend! Sounds wonderful. Really does make me wish I were there... have fun in the tree house! I love it!

    ReplyDelete