Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Dad

(Grumps and Grammy, July 2010)

My dad (Grumps!) had knee surgery yesterday.
He has been living with serious knee pain for a very long time.
We are so thankful that all went well!

My brother Greg and my mom had been calling and giving me updates,
and then last night my dad called us himself to say he was fine!
He sounded great.  Mom said it was probably the pain meds!!!

He is doing physical therapy three times each day,
and will be able to go home when he can bend his knee 90 degrees.
He plans to have surgery on his other knee after this one heals.
I think it will change his life when he can walk without constant pain.

I wish we didn't live so far away and could be there for him and my mom.
It's times like this, when I am reminded of how amazing my parents are and
how very lucky I am to have a mom and dad who love us unconditionally!

Now that my dad is retired, he calls or texts me
at random times during the day, just to check in on us
or tell me about something that is going on at home in FL.
I love those little moments, they show that he is always thinking of us!

We love you Grumps and Grammy!
 We are praying for your recovery every day, dad!

Sending big hugs from Georgia to Florida!
Be on the lookout for special get-well wishes
from Weedle and Breets in the mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment