Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday

Today was just an ordinary Sunday.
We went to church... we serve first service and attend second.
Pastor Jeff spoke today, about how we're wired by God. 
It was a great message!
I stayed afterwards to help with face painting during third service.

Then lunch from Moe's and a trip to Andy's nursery for new perinnials!
Luke is just the best "landscaper"!  He makes our yard look gorgeous.
Trey and Ambry each picked out a new plant
and they planted them all by themselves near the front porch. 
They are learning from their daddy!

Trey and I took a jeep ride with the top down over to his friend Declan's.
The weather was so sunny and cool. 
The skies were completely clear and blue!
We rocked out to Def Leppard, mother and son, wanna be headbangers!

When I got home, I cleaned out my car and then helped Luke plant.
Then we rode up to Trey and Ambry's elementary school
and re-planted all the planters for spring! 
Pretty red geraniums will greet the students tomorrow morning.

Luke, Ambry, and I treated ourselves to a slushee and a piece of laffy taffy
at the local convenience store.
A little sugar rush after all that planting!
I got to talk on the phone with mom, Mama Lu and Uncle Matt.
A few minutes hearing from some of the people I love dearly.

Later on, Ambry, Abigail and Will
all begged me to jump on the trampoline with them, and so I did! 
Of course I wet my pants!

Then Luke jumped, then Brandon got on and later Becky too!
Pam brought Trey home and he joined the jumping mix.
It was a trampoline party!
Crack the egg and double-jumping and toe touches.
We jumped until we were out of breath!

The kids and I came in and ate leftovers, got showers and read another
chapter in our current chapter book... The Tail of Emily Windsnap.
Such a fun story about a girl who is secretly a mermaid.
Luke sat by the firepit with a couple of our neighbors for a little while.

After the kids were all tucked in, we caught the end of Celebrity Apprentice.
Goodbye Gary B!  We'll miss your crazy antics.

And finally, I caught up on facebook and our blog.
I'm heading off to bed, feeling satisfied, and thankful.
God blessed us with an ordinary day,
full of little memories that I appreciate and cherish.

No comments:

Post a Comment