Monday, March 7, 2011

Love.

Luke and I are reading the Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
for our Life Group at church.
The chapter I read today (What Matters Most) just gripped my heart!
I wanted to share a few of Mr. Warren's words:

"Life is all about love. 
Because God is love, the most important lesson He wants you to learn on earth is how to love.
  It is in loving that we are most like Him,
so love is the foundation of every command He has given us...
He said, "Your strong love for each other will prove to the world that you are My disciples." 
Love should be your top priority, primary objective, and greatest ambition. 
Love is not a good part of your life; it's the most important part. 
The Bible says, "Let love be your greatest aim."
God says relationships are what life is all about.  Four of the Ten Commandments deal with our relationship to God while the other six deal with our relationships with other people.  
All ten are about relationships! 
Jesus summarized what matters most to God in two statements: 
love God and love people...
Relationships, not achievements or the acquisition of things, are what matter most in life...
Love leaves a legacy. 
How you treated other people, not your wealth or accomplishments,
is the most enduring impact you can leave on earth.
As Mother Teresa said,
"It's not what you do, but how much love you put into it that matters."

I am so thankful that I read this today.  I get so busy sometimes, so rushed.  I go through the motions of my life, checking things off my to do list instead of doing those things out of LOVE.  I prayed today and asked God to help me be content in all things.  To do laundry, to clean, to cook, to volunteer all with LOVE because of WHO I get to do those things for. 
I am so thankful I was reminded today of what really matters most... Love.

2 comments:

  1. That's beautiful, wonderful and a perfect reminder of how to live life! Thanks so much for sharing - and just so you know, I never doubt that everything you do in your life is from LOVE!!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It's not what you do, but how much love you put into it that matters."

    Oh, I love this. I had a wonderful day today and I think it's because I love what I do, what I can give to people who love and who love each other. It's all about the small things, and that we love each and every moment, no matter if it seems trivial at the time. Each tiny action can be out of love... which passes on to one another... that's the best part of it all, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete