Friday, January 20, 2012

Trey's Olde Blacksmith Shoppe

Trey's class is studying the colonies this month, and he was given
an assignment to create a shop, out of a cardboard box, where a 
blacksmith from the New England colonies would work and sell his wares!
Oh my!  How I LOVE a school project!
However, I try very hard to just offer assistance and not completely
take over the creating!  Our friend Virginia Querry always says, 
"It's the PROCESS, not the product that is important".
Trey researched and typed and cut and glued and colored last night
until 11:00 pm!  Nothing like a little procrastination.
Here is what he took in to school this morning.  
He was so proud of his Olde Blacksmith Shoppe...
(Luke gave him some wrought iron tongs to show his class one of the tools a blacksmith uses!)
It was getting late last night, and 
Trey was still typing up his captions' and his Colonial story and report.  
He doesn't know how to type yet, so I told him I would
finish typing for him so he could go get ready for bed.  
I finished in just a few minutes. 
(Thank you LBHS 10th grade typing class!)
He looked at the finished paper and looked up at me and said, 
with true relief in his voice,
"GOSH, I love you Mom!"
He makes my heart smile!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment