Saturday, June 18, 2011

Cookout!

What a great day!
We had a cookout to celebrate the June birthdays in our group of good friends!
Becky, Brandon and Pam all have birthdays in June.
Luke and I were up early preparing Grandaddy chickens for everyone to taste.
Grandaddy chickens are cooked all day on the electric smoker grill,.
Whole chickens, salted and basted with butter, lemon juice, and worcestershire.
The meat is so juicy and falls off the bone!
I made a strawberry cake and a new recipe, s'more bars, for the birthday dessert!

The Greshams, Pattersons, Marchbanks, Hastys, Lanhams, Westons, and Mark Adams 
all came over to eat and visit.
I wish I had taken more pictures, but I was too busy 
stuffing my face and enjoying our company!

We are really blessed with such special friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment