Thursday, February 24, 2011

Enjoying the Little Things...

Two of my oldest friends, who I highly admire and respect, have blogged this week about savoring life's moments and living life to the fullest.
I have been thoroughly encouraged by Mandi and Tracy's posts.
We try very hard to appreciate daily life, the "little things" 
and each moment we have together as a family.

Today was an ordinary day, but I snapped a few photos because I want to remember the random things that made us smile...

On our way to art camp this morning we saw one of our favorite locals.
We like to call him GOLD GUY! 
(Trey and Ambry scream this out the window when we drive past him.) 
He puts on the best show to attract attention for the gold store.
He is really talented and always shoots us a peace sign as we drive by. 
I wish I knew how to upload video to show his dance moves! 

After art camp, Becky, Pam, Abigail, Will, Trey and Ambry and I went for lunch at La Parillia.  The kids played on the benches outside after we ate. 
The weather was beautiful.

These are the burlap owl wall hangings the kids made at art camp. 
Becky found one in a store downtown and she was able to copy it and then teach the kids how to create one. 
They make me happy!

And finally, poppy seed chicken, green beans and buttered rolls for supper! 
Ahhh, comfort food at the end of the day. 
We are headed to cuddle up on the sofa and watch American Idol. 
Our day was blessed and FULL!
Thanks God!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I just love it! That is the kind of day and the little things that you always want to remember - the things that make life wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing - in my opinion, that's what a family blog is all about. I LOVE IT!!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete