Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Best Day Ever!

Today was one of those days during the winter, when the weather suddenly gives us a taste (tease!) of spring.  It was 60 degrees after school, so instead of homework we played outside all afternoon.  We roller skated, rode bikes, played ball, and then Abigail and Will and Becky came over and the kids got out the video camera and made a "movie" in the front yard!  It was hilarious.  Trey and Will were in costume with Nerf guns and cowboy hats.  Abigail was the director (boss!) and Ambry was her assistant (another boss!).  Becky and I were the front porch audience.  We munched on caramel corn, drank icy water and just enjoyed each other and the pretty weather. 
I didn't take any photos and I don't know how to post the videos, but I thought this afternoon blog worthy because BOTH Trey and Ambry said to me, during prayers tonight, that this was the best day ever! 

My sweet kiddos brought to mind one of my very favorite quotes... 
"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things."

No comments:

Post a Comment