Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pears and Okra!

I spent the day at my friend Heather's house today!
We call her home 'the compound'!
She lives on a lots of acres out in the country
and she grows a huge garden every year!
She called me on Sunday to tell me her pear tree was full of fruit!
Heather and her husband Chris picked a huge laundry basket full.
(Probably close to 80 pounds of pears, and that was from just half of the tree!!!)
Well this morning, Heather, Pam, and I gathered our jelly jars together 
and canned Paula Deen's Pear Honey and Perky Pear Relish!
All the chopping and peeling and cooking was hardly noticed 
because we got to laugh and spend girl time together. 
We always say the ladies of the "olden days" knew what they were doing!
It's a blast to get together and can!!! 
Heather sent us home with some fresh pears and a big bag of fresh okra. 
I grilled the okra to eat with our supper and I made a pear cobbler for dessert.
My little family loved it all!  Wonderful!
SO thankful for generous friends that share their 'harvest'!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment