Saturday, March 24, 2012

Run Forrest Run!

We did it!!!!!
After 10 weeks of training, our team of 24 ladies
ran in the Atlanta Women's 5K!
Most of us had never run in a race before and we all finished the 
3.1 mile course!
We used the Couch to 5K training program and had
a blast getting to know each other and encouraging
each other!  Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays were our
training days, and boy did we train hard!
Most of the ladies go to Southcrest Church together!
We all decided to wear crazy socks for race day!
Everyone loved our fashion statement!!!
 Here was our group before the race.
We met at the church at 6:00 am and headed up to Atlanta
to Candler Park.  Our run went through the park and even Little Five Points.
It was a blast!
Over 2,000 ladies participated!
 These were the crazy socks that rode in my car!
FUN!!!
Here we were at the end, after all of our group had finished!
We were some proud runners, and most everyone
is already asking when the next race will be!
I was very proud of my time, 30:19!
Not bad for my first race.
I am doing the Mayor's Run with my brother in law at the end
of April in Alabama!  I can't wait!
SO thankful for all we accomplished!  
I LOVE these precious running buddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment