Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Toe and some Tin!

Poor Lukey!
He now has this...


Four stitches in his foot!
All because I had the idea to make my own tin tile wall hangings for the huge wall in our great room.  I got the tin painted and distressed and had everything laid out on the floor in the great room ready for him to hang!  Well, he got in very late after being away for work, and the next morning he walked out into the great room to get to his cell phone on the kitchen counter.  On his way back to the bedroom, he tripped on the tin tiles and one of them sliced his foot!  Blood was EVERYWHERE!  We were at the emergency room at 6:45 in the morning.  Thankfully he was the only patient there at that time, so it took an hour total to get his stitches and get back home.
Today, he was feeling well enough to hang both wall pieces.
I really love them!  They fill up that wall behind our sofa and bring so much color and character into our great room!
Here is the new 'dangerous' art!!!
And my friend Heather suggested I paint our brown lamps a glossy cream to bring a little brightness to this side of the room.  I painted those and also our brown L is now blue.  We are enjoying the cheerful colors in the room.
Home decorating is always so much fun!  Especially the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment